Version: 1.0 Hancock (Preview Release 2010-09-09)#
d3web is an extensible Java API for running knowledge-based systems. The Semantic Wiki KnowWE builds on the engine d3web and offers the web-based and distributed development of knowledge bases.
This distribution comes with the following files:
|Release Notes.pdf||This document.|
|Licenses.pdf||License information of the d3web and KnowWE systems and all external libraries.|
|d3web||Folder containing the binaries (libraries), the sources, and the JavaDoc information of d3web|
|d3web-KnowWE||Folder containing an installation archive (zip) as binary, the sources, and the JavaDoc information of KnowWE|
|Release Status||All files of the quality assessment report for this release. It contains the test protocols of the manual tests (system tests), a summary of the integration tests, and a detailed analysis of the unit tests (Clover report of the JUnit tests)|
The following projects of d3web and KnowWE are included in the distribution:
|d3web-Kernel||Knowledge representation, basic problem-solvers, session management, default dialog control||x||alpha|
|d3web-PluginManager||Basic management for connecting plugins to the d3web kernel||x||beta|
|d3web-SharedKnowledge (incl. d3web-SharedKnowledgePersistence)||Common extensions to the basic knowledge representation, e.g., question weights, abnormalities, similarities||x||alpha|
|d3web-Persistence (incl. d3web-Persistence-Basic, d3web-Persistence-ExtensionPoints)||XML knowledge base storage (archived as Jar)||x||beta|
|d3web-CostBenefit||Dynamic strategic problem-solver||alpha|
|d3web-XCL||Problem-solving with set-covering knowledge||alpha|
|d3web-CaseRepository||XML case session storage||alpha|
|d3web-EmpiricalTesting||Validation of knowledge base with test cases||alpha|
|d3web-Plugin-TimeDB||Knowledge representation, persistence, and fact storage of temporal values||x||alpha|
|KnowWE-Plugin-TimeDB||Wiki-based authoring markups for temporal values||x||alpha|
|d3web-DiaFlux||Reasoning engine for flowchart problem-solver||x||no|
|KnowWE-Plugin-Flowchart||Authoring plugin for KnowWE of the flowchart problem-solver||x||no|
|KnowWE / KnowWE-Core / KnowWE-Core-Plugins||Basic engines for parsing and the management of wiki content.||x||alpha|
|KnowWE-JSPWiki-Connector||Connection to parent wiki engine JSPWiki||x||alpha|
|KnowWE-Plugin-d3web||Knowledge extensions of the wiki: Knowledge markups (terminology, rules) interview, automated testing deployment||x||alpha|
|KnowWE-Plugin-CI4KE||Continuous integration plugin for the automated testing of knowledge bases; Groovy extensions for tailored tests||alpha|
|denkbares Dialog||Web-based interview for problem-solving||alpha|
|Project Name||Corresponds to the name of the Maven project, i.e., the name of the source code project. For simplicity, plugin postfixes are omitted (e.g., *jpf-plugin)|
|Contents||A further description of the contents of this module|
|QA||Under regulation of the project contract. All contracted projects are certainly subject of the quality management system. Non-contracted modules may be subject to changes in the proposed release plan.|
|State|| Quality assessment of the project:|
no: Not officially included, experimental demo
alpha: Basic functions included, API to be considered as "unstable" documentation partly available/not available mostly untested
beta: All functions are included documentation available functionality tested on unit level
release: All functions are included documentation available functionality tested on system level (integration tests) internal processes fully applied (issue management, development process)
What's New#The release includes the following notable features:
- New problem-solving engines can be added using the new plug-in architecture.
- Offers problem-solving methods for heuristic scoring rules, extensible covering models, abstraction rules, and indication rules.
- Loading and storing performed problem-solving sessions.
- Empirical testing testing feature that runs test cases to evaluate a knowledge base.
- (Experimental) version of a temporal database storing and reasoning with sequential system inputs.
- (Experimental) DiaFlux engine for representing and running guideline knowledge
- Extensions for defining knowledge bases using rule-based and set-covering knowledge.
- Plugin for running test cases within the wiki.
- (Experimental) version of markups to define time-values events and abstractions.
- denkbares Dialog for running test cases interactively (as preview).
- BugZilla #36: [KnowWE] "Vorschau"+"Speichern" (Preview) removes content
If you use the "Vorschau" Button after entering a text, no content is shown.
Assuming that the preview has problems in showing dynamic content I pressed save-button to view the text. After that the article was completely empty, all content was deleted.
- BugZilla #38 - [TimeDB] Gradient calculation shows strong deviation for outlier values.
TimeDB does not store constant values (i.e., values that remain the same over a time duration), but only the first occurrence of the value. If the value changes dramatically, then the gradient function computes a stronger deviation as expected.
- BugZilla #39 - [DenkbaresDialog] Creating a new Case doesn't work
When clicking the "New" button, the dialog scrolls down and all answers remain set. Instead of this behaviour a new case should be created and the dialog should start with the first question.
- TRAC #192: [QuickInterview] Questionnaires are unintentionally collapsed after answering a question:
- TRAC #193: [QuickInterview] QuickI does not show the "unit" information for numerical question, when available. Should be shown in the dialog directly after the input field.
- TRAC #194: [QuickInterview] Missing value range handling for num questions. For num questions, the "value range" information is not taken into account, e.g. for a value range (1 10) it is possible to enter a value = 11.
- TRAC #195: [QuickInterview] No keyboard handler for num input fields. For num questions, hitting "Return" in the numerical input field does not send the entered value.
- TRAC #196: [QuickInterview] Input field for num questions expect "." als float separator. In an input field of a numerical question, you need to separate a float number by "." - the character "," is not accepted.
- KnowWE - Documentation, as contained in the core pages of the wiki, is slightly deprecated, since it introduces the old markup syntax (however, it is still working and compatible)
- KnowWE - [QuickInterview] The entry of multiple-choice values do not work properly under all circumstances.
System Requirements#Installation of d3web/KnowWE requires the Java Platform, Standard Edition JDK 6 Update 21 or better. For operating systems, the distribution runs with MS-Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6. Linux is not officially supported. We officially support Firefox 3.6 or better but most parts are also working with the latest versions of the Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Resources and Links#
- A wiki for developers: Start using the APIs of d3web and KnowWE:
- The official SourceForge website of d3web:
- The official SourceForge website of KnowWE: