d3web-Core is main platform API (application programing interface) for the development of knowledge-based applications. The platform is available as a collection of Java libraries providing a sophisticated plugin architecture.
A number of components is already included in d3web-Core:
- General representation and persistence of terminological knowledge to represent question (inputs) and solutions (outputs).
- Reasoning engines and persistence for strong problem-solving methods including
- Decision trees
- Scoring rules
- Temporal rules
- DiaFlux models (flowchart knowledge)
- Set-covering models (abductive knowledge)
- Scoring tables
- Libraries for testing knowledge bases
Among others, the following applications are using the d3web-Core:
- KnowWE, a semantic wiki for building knowledge-based applications
- Knowledge Base Book, a generator to create printable documents from knowledge bases
Installation of KnowWE requires the Java Platform, Standard Edition JDK 6 or higher.
For operating systems, the distribution runs with MS-Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6 or higher.
Linux is not officially supported. We officially support Firefox 3.6 or higher, but most parts should also work with Google Chrome. Currently, the Internet Explorer is not officially supported.