KnowWE is a semantic wiki that provides the possibility to define and maintain ontologies together with strong problem-solving knowledge. Ontologies can be formulated using the RDF(S) or OWL standard: RDF(S) can be included by using the turtle markup, whereas the markup for OWL uses the Manchester syntax. Additionally, KnowWE provides markups for the formalization of the strong problem-solving methods of d3web-Core. This includes
- Decision trees
- Scoring and abstraction rules
- Decision tables
- Flowchart knowledge with DiaFlux models
- Set-covering models
KnowWE offers a toolset for the entire knowledge engineering life cycle including
- Testing and visually debugging knowledge bases
- Refactoring of knowledge bases, e.g., rename question, rename solution, etc.
- Evaluation of knowledge bases including the analysis of knowledge bases for anomalies
- Continuous integration of knowledge by knowledge builds
Since, KnowWE provides a sophisticated plugin architecture, most of the features are included as plugins. New plugins can be easily introduced; see the developer How-Tos for more details.
Technically, KnowWE builds on the development of the wiki JSPWiki.
The installation of KnowWE requires the Java Platform, Standard Edition JDK 6 of better.
For operating systems, the distribution runs with MS-Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6 or better.
We officially support Firefox 3.6 or higher and Google Chrome. Currently, the Internet Explorer is not officially supported.