d3web-Core is main platform API (application programing interface) for the development of knowledge-based applications. The platform is available as a collection of Java libraries providing a sophisticated plugin architecture.
A number of components is already included in d3web-Core:
- General representation and persistence of terminological knowledge to represent question (inputs) and solutions (outputs).
- Reasoning engines and persistence for strong problem-solving methods including
- Decision trees
- Scoring rules
- Temporal rules
- DiaFlux models (flowchart knowledge)
- Set-covering models (abductive knowledge)
- Scoring tables
- Libraries for testing knowledge bases
Among others, the following applications are using the d3web-Core:
- KnowWE, a semantic wiki for building knowledge-based applications
- Knowledge Base Book, a generator to create printable documents from knowledge bases